GHGHL Playoff Rules
GHGHL Playoff Rules
- Each game will consist of two 10-minute stop time periods and one 12- minute stop time period, subject to curfews, which must be noted on game sheet.
- Points will be awarded as follows: 2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie and 0 points for a loss.
- Forfeit Games: the away team must reimburse the host Association for the cost of referees, ice time and timekeepers. Associations can also work out an alternative arrangement. Forfeit team will receive 0-5 loss ( OWHA )
- New****Novice and Atom players are limited to 3 goals per game all season, playoffs and Super Sunday. Once a player has 3 goals their goals will not count. The only exception is Super Sunday shootout where all can take part in.
- Novice to Midget/Intermediate will be attending Super Sunday
- Playoff Pick-Up
(a) Pick-Up players are permitted for Playoffs from a lower division, except for Super Sunday. Super Sunday no pick-up players. Exemption for Goalies pre-exists if both Associations agree. Any use of Pick-up players to be communicated well in advance and not just before the game time. Only using the same player 3 times is still in effect. “Rule only can use the same player 3 times all season which includes playoffs”.
(b) All Pick-Up goalies must be clearly marked on the game sheet as PU.
(c) Any team found to be using Pick-Up player(s) on Super Sunday and not following these guidelines will forfeit games (0-5 loss).
- If there is a tie in points after the round robin games, the following criteria will be used to break the tie:
(a) Number of wins
(b) Least number of losses
(c) Head to Head
(d) Fewest penalty minutes in round robin play
(e) Goals scored minus the goals against in round robin games
(f) Coin toss
- Teams must be at the arena at least 1 hour before their scheduled game time and prepared to go on the ice 1/2 hour before the scheduled game time if requested to do so.
- One 30 second timeout per team will be allowed Championship Final games Only.
- CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS, CONSOLATION FINALS: "SUPER SUNDAY"
- Games will consist of 10 - 10 -12 minute stop-time periods, SUBJECT TO CURFEW. This will be reviewed annually and period times subject to change based on available ice times. All teams will attend Super Sunday unless otherwise indicated by the GHGHL Executive. Associations teams who do not attend will still be billed for their share of Super Sunday.
- If a goal differential of 5 (or greater) is reached during the game, run-time will be in effect until the differential is reduced to less than 5 or until the game is complete.
- If the game is tied at the end of regulation, shootout will take place immediately after the regulation time. Teams will not switch ends at the end of the 3rd period. This will be reviewed yearly and is subject to change depending on ice availability.
- Each team will designate their shooters and the order that they will shoot before the start of the game (entire team).
- The first three shooters from each team will shoot, one from each team simultaneously, total goals for all three shooters.
- If still tied a sudden death shootout will take place where the team must go through the entire roster except goalies before you can reuse the original 3 shooters.
- No one can shoot twice until all players have shot once.
- No player serving a penalty will be allowed in the shootout, her spot in the pre-assigned shooting order will be taken out and all other players will move up one spot.
- No changes in the order will be allowed once the game has begun. *3 Penalty Rule still applies - Player receiving three individual penalties of any kind will be removed for the rest of the game*